Saracens Amateurs RFC Coaching Vacancy
Head Coach – Senior Section
Saracens ARFC Senior Squad is currently playing at Level 9 in Herts/Middlesex 1, and Herts Merit Table 2. We have a thriving Mini & Junior Section and this year will see the formation of a newly formed Girls and Ladies section.
This role would ideally suit a charismatic and ambitious coach who is looking for a great opportunity to coach within an ambitious club, with a Senior Section full of potential. Included in this role will be to assist the Playing and Coaching Committee to develop and retain the club’s 16-18 year olds and then eventually transition them into senior rugby.
Applicants seeking an initial player/coach role would also be considered.
The environment that the Head Coach will create is vital to our club. We believe that success is not just measured on the results of a 1st XV but should be built on forging great relationships, providing fun, engaging and challenging sessions whilst creating an environment which players genuinely want to be part of – ‘a coach should not be judged on how many of their players make it to elite standard rugby, but how many are still playing when they are 25.’
Key Responsibilities will be:
• Plan and deliver all senior rugby coaching activity.
• Support the Development of the club’s 16-18 year olds and support their transition into senior rugby
• Continue to deliver and support our culture of player centred, development focused and inclusiveness whilst encouraging a brand of rugby that is fun and attractive to watch and play.
• Plan, deliver and analyse the season long, medium and short term goals for the senior program.
• Be able to deliver personal, unit and team training sessions focusing on a number of different areas.
• Take the lead on senior player recruitment and retention.
• Become a member of the Playing and Coaching committee.
• Take the lead on senior player selection (providing timely and constructive feedback where required).
• Minimum Level 2 RFC Coaching award
• Demonstrable experience of player profiling and individual development planning (Essential)
• Outstanding presentation skills (Essential)
• A people person with strong skills in relationship management and rapport building (Essential)
• Ability to work within a selection committee (Essential)
What We Offer
• Unique opportunity to coach an ambitious club with a great history
• Fantastic training and playing facilities.
• A young, enthusiastic squad.
• Access to RFU Coach Education
Salary – TBC (Based on experience)
Location – Saracens ARFC, Green Road, Southgate N14 4AB
Closing date – The club would like to agree and appoint before the end of 2018/19 season with the successful coach beginning pre-season in the 1st week of July 2019 (or sooner if desired).
How to apply – In the first instance, please forward your rugby CV and covering letter stating your coaching and playing philosophy to:
Dominic Smart, Chairman
Lawrie Nutley, Senior Manager & Chair of Playing & Coaching committee
Updated 14:32 - 10 Apr 2019 by Dominic Smart