Our Club Gym Goals
- To create a safe and enjoyable area for Club Members to work on strength & conditioning training, weight-lifting and aerobic training
- To substantially increase the number of current Club members using the Gym facility from our Family, Player and Social membership base
- To encourage Club members to acquire the Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Strength & Conditioning, and to provide a number of sessions each week for Junior Members to train with an Instructor holding this qualification
The General Committee has invested in the Gym and has agreed a new set of Gym User regulations and requires best practice be adopted, so that the investment is worthwhile and sustainable.
Holding a current Family, Player or Social membership of Saracens Amateur RFC will enable a Club member to apply for Gym Membership, using the correct form. Once granted, Gym Users must abide by the Gym Rules, and help ensure other users maintain them too.
Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire
Saracens Club members applying for Gym Membership must complete a PAR-Q form with their Application Form, confirming their readiness to undertake gym activity without risk to their health
Access to Saracens Gym for Junior Members
Saracens Amateur RFC has fully adopted the RFU Position Statement on Strength & Conditioning Training for Young Players, which clearly states:
"All children can participate safely in strength and conditioning programmes provided they are supervised by suitably qualified personnel (e.g. BWLA Instructor, UKSCA accredited, minimum Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Strength & Conditioning) who have alsoreceived training in coaching or teaching children and have read the RFU’s policy andprocedures for the welfare of young people in rugby union. This is an absolute requirement for children under 16 years of age"
- -SARFC is seeking to employ suitably qualified Level 2 Instructors in Coaching Strength and Conditioning to assist in designing and delivering programmes for our younger players in line with published programmes available from the RFU.
- -No SARFC rugby coach may take players under the age of 16 into the Saracens Gym without having provided proof to the Club Coaching Sub-Committee that they hold this Level 2 Award in Coaching Strength and Conditioning.
- -No player under the age of 16 may use the Gym unsupervised, and must be led at all times within the facility by a SARFC-accredited holder of a Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning.